WALL AND CEILING CLEANING
Do you have unsightly fly spots, nicotine stains or mould on your painted ceilings and walls?
If you have answered yes to any of these issues then Pure Steam Cleaning Co. can help rid you of the problem by using the innovative and advanced technology of steam cleaning. Our eco-friendly cleaning method does not use any chemicals but relies on the natural cleaning ability of high temperature steam that quickly removes mould (also killing the spores), nicotine, fly spots and general grime without harming the surface, leaving you a cleaner and healthier environment.
In some cases faint staining will remain after cleaning and this can be due to a number of reasons for instance, the age of the paint and, length of time the problem has been left untreated. In particular, due to fly fecal being very acidic it can actually burn into the paint if left for too long. Refer below for more facts on mould and fly spots.
What is Mould?
Mould is a fungal growth. It grows in homes under the right conditions of dampness, darkness and poor ventilation like your bathrooms, kitchens, cluttered storage or basement areas and plumping pipes. Indoor condensation promotes conditions suitable for the growth of mould and can be found growing on the likes of walls, timber, carpet, furniture and fabrics if they stay damp for extended periods of time.
Mould can emit particles that may cause some people to have an allergic reaction. Symptons may include: Respiratory illness or asthma; watery, itchy, red eyes; chronic cough; headaches or migraines; rashes; sinus problems, blocked nose; and frequent sneezing.
Essentially, if you have mould in your home then it will likely be due to some sort of moisture problem.
Controlling Condensation and Mould
The main ways of controlling condensation and mould are:
- Ventilation. Open windows and doors to ventilate the home and reduce the humidity levels. Install and use exhaust fans that are vented to outside air, particularly in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Heating. Keep indoor moisture low (ideally humidity should be around 30% - 50%). Install heating in the bathroom such as heat globes. Maintain low constant heat when weather is cold or wet. Continuous, even heating is better than short bursts.
- Insulation. Condensation forms more easily on cold surfaces, eg. walls and ceilings. In many cases, those surfaces can be made warmer by improving insulation. Insulate hot and cold surfaces, such as water pipes.
- Removing Mould. Eradicate mould when it occurs. The simple solution is to contact Pure Steam Cleaning Co. who will use the power of pure steam to remove the mould and spores from your home.
Here are some facts that you may not know about house flies.
- The house fly is the most common species, carrying over 100 different kinds of disease causing germs.
- Houseflies defecate every 4-5 minutes, spreading these diseases.
- Another charming characteristic; A fly will lay eggs on your food and vomit on it before feasting, but they are particularly attracted to pet waste.
- The reason flies vomit on food is because they can only swallow food in liquid form. Their saliva is very acidic turning the food into liquid form making it easy for it to swallow.
- A female housefly will lay 3,000 eggs within its life span of approx. 30 days.
- Fly larvae will hatch into maggots within 24 hours.
- Houseflies tend to stay within 1-2 miles of where they were born, but will travel up to 20 miles to find food.
- If a house fly spots a group of flies, it will join them creating a gang of flies.